gentoo question

Gontran Zepeda plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 16:23:53 -0700

* Bryce C. (plug@bryceco.net) wrote:
> The bootable cd code (El Torito Standard) is part of that iso as far as
> I know.  The iso is an image with every byte stored in it and as long as
> the software allows it, you can burn ISOs.
>
> Bryce C.
> Network Administrator
> CoBryce Communications
> Bryce @ BrycecCo . Net
>

> On 08 Apr 2002 13:36:10 -0700, bob smith wrote:
> > Gontran,
> > bootable disk. Is there a way I can still burn the
> > gentoo-ix86-1.1a.iso but use another method to
> > initially boot the system other than the netboot
> > described in the alternative installation methods doc?

Like Bryce C. said, it should be included in the iso -- so if you can
master the iso you're set.  If you're interested in alternative install
methods, here's as of yet non-official document.
http://www.gibberishcode.net/gentoo-web/xsl/build.html

Also you could use Tom's bootable to get a preliminary env if you can't
boot from cdrom.
http://www.toms.net/rb/

hth,
Gontran