Hope it was ok to post this question here. I've seen script questions here before.

Fri, 5 Apr 2002 12:38:50 -0700 (MST)

Am 05. Apr, 2002 schwätzte Steve Young so:

> Hope it was ok to post this question here.  I've seen script questions
> here before.

No prob. We try to keep devel questions on the devel list, but script
questions can go either way. This one I see as more of a sys_adm question
than a devel question.

No time to evaluate your code right now, but I thought I'd point out netrc.
Do a man on it. It's functionality built into ftp to allow you to do what it
looks like you're trying to do with the shell. If you need things to be more
dynamic than netrc allows, then use the shell script to build the netrc
session.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  This line intentionally left blank.
# We now return you to your regularly scheduled paranoia...