Digital camera

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:27:42 -0600 (CST)

> Hi everyone, I'm new to linux and I was wondering if anyone could help me to
> get my digital camera working with RH 7.2. The camera is an HP photosmart
> 315. I read somewhere about being able to mount the camera as a mass storage
> device. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I can't help with the camera, but I can say I would create your self a
user account on your box and use it.  It is not a wise thing to run as
root except for when you must.  Unix does this to help keep you out of
trouble. :)  Im assuming from your email headers you are doing everything
as root.

-Derek