KDE Upgrade to 3.0

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
05 Apr 2002 06:08:55 -0700

On Fri, 2002-04-05 at 05:37, Tom Achtenberg wrote:
> I could try downloading the source if someone would give me explicit
> instructions as how to compile them.  There are about 160 total rpm's.  I
> installed 2.2.2 (actually upgraded from 2.1) using the Red Hat Update Agent.

----
do not download source - that isn't gonna help you.

rawhide isn't guaranteed to work - it's experimental. As I told you when
you were struggling to install evolution from gnomehide, it required
that you learn how to deal with rpm - understand the messages that it
was giving you to figure out which packages needed to upgraded and why
and if you thought evolution was tough, KDE 3.0 is tougher.

If you are determined to upgrade KDE, I would suggest that you download
the whole beta for RH 7.3/8.0 (skipjack) - the beta 2 of skipjack is
about to be released any day.

I think that your best bet would be to wait until the next official RH
release and update then. It's probably less than 6 weeks away.

Craig