debian/X question

bob smith plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 22:43:42 -0800 (PST)

Thanks hans,
Yeah I've been reading dwarf's debian guide and that
is really good.

I've been some other stuff as well. I was feeling
pretty confident with my new knowledge so I rebuilt my
kernel using "kernel-package" but I ran into a kink
:).

everything is good (at least I think) except now I
don't have the cool penguin with the beer mug anymore
:). I'm pretty sure I compiled frame buffer support
into the kernel (now 2.4.18) but when I use vga=0x314
now in lilo.conf I just get a black screen no text, no
tux :(. Any ideas? couldn't find anything useful on
the debian mailing list on the subject.

One last thing ;). Should I have a /usr/src/linux
directory? all that's there is the kernel 2.4.18 .bz2
file and bunziped kernel 2.4.18 directory.