debian/X question

bob smith plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:23:46 -0800 (PST)

cool thanks for your input all. I'll just install it
manually then.

One more quick question :). Looking through the debian
documentation project site I came across something
called the "Debian Guide". Following the link

"http://www.newriders.com/debian/html/noframes/node1.html"

takes me to what I thought was some online guidebook
but instead it just seems to be the homepage for the
newriders publishing company. Is the "Debian Guide"
available online? Searching through Amazon I see that
they have written a print version. Why do they have
this link at the documentation project site if you
cannot view it online?