KDE menus from Gnome

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:46:26 -0500

Greetings,

A question for you folks who are familiar with several
different distros, from one who knows only Red Hat well
(although I've played with Mandrake and a couple of
others in times past):

Are the following statements true in *most* distributions:

o Both Gnome and KDE are available.
o In Gnome, where offered, there is a sub-menu off
  the "foot" menu to the KDE menu set.
o In KDE there is not a sub-menu that leads to the Gnome
  menu set.

I'm writing some material wherein I have to make some
general statements about such matters, and don't have
access to any running distro other than Red Hat 7.2
right now.

I can (and will) answer some questions about KDE if I just
log off and login under KDE, but I'm not in a position to
do that right now, being in the midst of a heap of work,
so I'm batching my inquiries for investigation later.

Thanks for your observations as always.

Regarding my brief survey of desktop environments and
backup methods, I found that there are almost as many
preferences as there are persons who responded.
I consider this to be a Good Thing, because it's a
testimony to the flexibility of Linux. As in Perl,
There's More Than One Way To Do It.