OT: Microsoft Stands By IIS Despite Gartner Recommendation

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 10:00:51 -0700

The ability to run ASP code?

Don't even go there with Apache's mod_asp - it doesn't work well.
When I was in LA, one of our clients wanted us to load a box with
NT+IIS so he could develop his site with VisualBASIC.  My boss didn't
want to run Internet Insecure Server, so we compromised and installed
mod_asp.  The test case provided worked great.  Client was not happy.
We installed ChiliSoft on it, and he was a happy camper.  So for
1/2 the price of NT Server, you can use Linux + ChiliSoft.  And
ChiliSoft's customer support does not require a credit card or
use of a 900 number AND they solve problems.

I guess in summary, the real answer is . . . nothing.

George