[Fwd: mget multiple directories.]

Jason plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 06:25:40 +0000

> I'm looking, but not finding, an option that says, "Only upload /download
> files newer than on target system."  I'm on a 33.6 modem and don't want to
> retransmit the whole site each time.

wget does that automatically, if the dates are the same (or newer) and
the file sizes are identical.
--
to mirror back UP to a site, just construct the necessary commands and
then pipe it to FTP:

#
# Build FTP commands file.
#
echo o targetsite.com > ftpcommands
shift
echo cd httpdocs >> ftpcommands
echo binary >> ftpcommands

#Directories.
for TARGET in `find -type d `
do
 echo mkdir \"$TARGET\" >> ftpcommands
 echo chmod a+rwx \"$TARGET\" >> ftpcommands
done

#Upload Files
for TARGET in `find -type f | grep -v ftpsetup | grep -v ftpcommand`
do
 echo put \"$TARGET\" >> ftpcommands
done

echo ...Now Just type:
echo "                        cat ftpcommands | ftp -v"
echo To upload the site.

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|