Membership + stuff

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:41:09 -0700

Related to voting and such, I think membership isn't measured best via
GPG, but rather if you can contribute to the cause, or are willing to
learn and then contribute to the cause.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all
for gpg + friends, but I'd be more impressed to see the newbies learn
from the oldbies and the oldbies learn from the newbies.  If you can't
promote learning, I'd probably look askance at your membership, at
least initialy.  :-)

The people that contribute the most obviously have the most 'weight',
but then they simmer to the top like Jiva all by themselves naturally,
unless they take pains to not simmer there, like Jiva is doing now.

Ok, so heavy things don't simmer to the top....  details.

David

Remember: if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the
precipitate.