The time has come...

Kevin Buettner plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 14:03:11 -0700

On Sep 25, 10:34am, Jiva DeVoe wrote:

> I think the time has come for me to step down as chairman of PLUG.  As
> a final act, I would like to put into place a system of elections for
> the PLUG steering committee.
>
> Here is what I would like to propose:
>
> 1) That there be created the following offices:
>    * Chairman
>    * Vice-Chairman
>    * Secretary
>    * Treasurer

Do we really need that many offices?  Wouldn't it be more efficiently
handled by only one or two people?

> 3) That a formalized "membership" be created.  No dues shall be
> charged, to become a member you have to create a gpg signature and
> have it signed at a meeting.  These signatures will be entered into a
> database for use in 4 below. (This one is important to me. ;D)

Why do you think we should have a formalized membership?

> 4) That the elections be performed online, through email, through the
> use of digitally signed votes using gpg.  (This one is important to
> me as well.)

Why is it important to you that votes be signed using GPG?

I think online voting is fine, but using digitally signed
votes is overkill for our little organization.

Kevin