FYI: the final solution for script kiddies.

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 06:38:38 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Craig White on 9/26/2001 23:57 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ foodog wrote:
\_ >
\_ > How about, well maybe... life in prison without possibility of parole?
\_ > That sounds fair, if you hold your head just right, and whack yourself
\_ > about the ears with a mallet.
\_ >
\_ > see: Hackers face life imprisonment under 'Anti-Terrorism' Act
\_ > http://www.securityfocus.com/news/257
\_ >
\_ ----
\_ gee...5-7 years for sexually molesting young girls and life for computer
\_ hacking. I was beginning to think that America had its priorities a bit
\_ out of whach but now I feel better knowing that GW is gonna protect us.

Although I'd personally like to park the Rivi on any molestor (other
than I think it'd be too quick), the ability to harm thousands easily
if you're in a weakly protected database/system is immense:

foreach $drug_recevier (@pharmacy_database)
  $drug_to_ship = rand(@drugs);
#  $drug_to_ship = fractional_strength_lookup($drug);  # more insidious

foreach $sufferer (@public_scorned_diseases)
  $smtp->mail('plug-discus@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us', "$sufferer has $X");

foreach $bankee (@bank)
  $funds->transfer("100%", "United States Treasury"); #they'll never
						        #  get it back

So yes, I can see 'life' being 'suitable' for someone who does one of
those to 100, 1000, 100,000, or ... people.

\_ Sheesh - doesn't anyone feel sorry that they voted for that clown yet?

Hey, I voted for Krusty, and he's not who got elected.

:-)

David