need help with suse 7.2

Nigel Sollars plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:54:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, John (EBo) David wrote:

> robert jorgenson wrote:
> >
> > not to sound stupid or anything but how exactly would i do that? i got to /etc/rc.d/rc3.d but i have no clue what to do now :(
>
> On my 7.1 boxen I find that I have:
>
> "ls  /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/*fire*" reveals:
>
>   /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/K01personal-firewall.final@
>   /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/K02SuSEfirewall_final@
>   /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/K16SuSEfirewall_setup@
>   /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/K23SuSEfirewall_init@
>   /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/K23personal-firewall.initial@
>   /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S01SuSEfirewall_init@
>   /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S01personal-firewall.initial@
>   /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S08SuSEfirewall_setup@
>   /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S22SuSEfirewall_final@
>   /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S23personal-firewall.final@
>
> which are all links to elsewhere...
>
> Just remove them (as root: rm /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/*fire*").
>
> Anyone see problems with doing that?
>
>   EBo --

Im not sure if you can run yast @ run level 1 .. if you can excellent
cause alls youl want to do is run yast goto system admin then select
change configuration this will list all the stuff started by the system
and at startup you can change the yes which is prolly set for personal
firewall to no yast will save the new value and run SuSEconfig to align
the system files...

This will achieve the same result as the solution given above

Regards

Nigel Sollars