The time has come...

Linux plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:34:44 -0700

I live in Tucson and would not be able to attend a meeting and
therefore would not be able to get my gpg signature signed and if
I am understanding all this would not be able to be a member.

If I am understanding your proposal, membership will laps, not
increase.

Respectfully,
Keith

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:34:09 -0700
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: The time has come...
From: jiva@devware.com (Jiva DeVoe)

I think the time has come for me to step down as chairman of
PLUG.  As
a final act, I would like to put into place a system of elections
for
the PLUG steering committee.

Here is what I would like to propose:

1) That there be created the following offices:
   * Chairman
   * Vice-Chairman
   * Secretary
   * Treasurer

2) That these offices be elected positions with a term of 1 year,
no
limit on consecutive terms.

3) That a formalized "membership" be created.  No dues shall be
charged, to become a member you have to create a gpg signature
and
have it signed at a meeting.  These signatures will be entered
into a
database for use in 4 below. (This one is important to me. ;D)

4) That the elections be performed online, through email, through
the
use of digitally signed votes using gpg.  (This one is important
me as well.)

5) People who wish to serve in these positions may either be
nominated
by someone else or themselves.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

--
You're almost as happy as you think you are.