The time has come...

plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:34:09 -0700

I think the time has come for me to step down as chairman of PLUG.  As
a final act, I would like to put into place a system of elections for
the PLUG steering committee.

Here is what I would like to propose:

1) That there be created the following offices:
   * Chairman
   * Vice-Chairman
   * Secretary
   * Treasurer

2) That these offices be elected positions with a term of 1 year, no
limit on consecutive terms.

3) That a formalized "membership" be created.  No dues shall be
charged, to become a member you have to create a gpg signature and
have it signed at a meeting.  These signatures will be entered into a
database for use in 4 below. (This one is important to me. ;D)

4) That the elections be performed online, through email, through the
use of digitally signed votes using gpg.  (This one is important to
me as well.)

5) People who wish to serve in these positions may either be nominated
by someone else or themselves.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

--
You're almost as happy as you think you are.