Job hunting oddities

Digital Wokan plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 05:44:18 -0700

I just took what amounted to an IQ test for CRC Info Systems (yes, I was
going to whore myself out as an MS programmer again... sigh).  I listed
my salary requirements on my resume.  The job offered just over half
that yet someone put "okay" next to it as if they'd discussed it with me
and I'd agreed.  I told their HR person that I couldn't work for that
low and be able to put my daughter in daycare (unless I wanted to live
in a studio apartment across the valley from the Sctsdl Air Park).  I
did ask what my score was.  The guy told me that 70 was a scarily high
score and that I was in the 80's.  Said it was the highest score he'd
ever seen on the test.

High praise.  But, no, it's still a $30K job.

(Is that really the going rate for ERP system programmers or are these
guys really enjoying the dot-bombed market?)