anonymous services

Jason plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:32:44 +0000

Eric wrote:

> >I am first generation American.
>
> You make some good points.  There are benefits to privacy.  Are they enough
> to surmount the burdens?  I don't know.  There is a right answer, I guess.
> But I suppose that it is not truth that will reign here.  Rather, I suspect
> popular opinion/Congressional opinion.  It's interesting that no one (that I
> have seen yet) has made a constitutional argument here.  Some say privacy is
> guaranteed by the constitution guarantees privacy. That could have been a
> fun one.

Yes, that is true.

Some agencies have even gone so far as to classify encryption as a
munition, in order to prevent its export, in which case I think a US
citizens right to own it should also be protected under the 2nd
amendment as well...

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|