OT - Cisco router question

Nigel Sollars plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 16:46:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Matt Alexander wrote:

> I bought a Cisco router off of ebay to play around with.  Does anyone
> know if there's a way to to use the serial connections as additional
> ethernet connections?  I don't plan on using the serial connections
> for any type of WAN connectivity, so it'd be nice if I could get an
> adapter of some sort that would allow me to use the serial ports as
> additional ethernet LAN ports.
> Thanks,
> ~M

Not that im aware of .. at a stab is the Router a 1601? ive set 2 of these
up for use of a 64kb lease line connection with serial and ethernet the
serial was hooked to standard NTU that is transparent to the routers.

i know the 1605 has 2 ethernets ... It maybe easier to remove the serial
module and fit a second ethernet module ...

Regards Nigel