just a random question

David P. Schwartz plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 02:05:43 -0700

I'll see if I can provide a not-so-random answer...

64megs of 8MB 60ns 72-pin non-ECC SIMMs would be very cheap and easy to find.  (I've got a bunch I'd be happy to dispose of!)  Now, I've
heard that 32MB and larger 72-pin SIMMs are rather hard to come by.  Keep in mind that you usually need to add these SIMMs in pairs.

What kind of computer do you have (CPU and motherboard are good to know, too) and exactly what kind of RAM do you need for it?

FWIW, I'm looking for some 32MB or 64MB 72-pin _ECC_ SIMMs.  Those suckers seem to be rare as hen's teeth!

-David Schwartz