OpenOffice vs. StarOffice

Brian Cluff plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:49:58 -0700 (MST)

> Before I go and download OpenOffice, is it any better than StarOffice 5.2?
> What are the benefits, if any, over StarOffice?

It's basicly what will be Staroffice 6.0.  It does have a few missing
componets that are in staroffice like spell checker, e-mail,
scheduling...etc etc. I would just hold of and wait for the new 6.0 to
come out so you can get all the bells and whistles that go along with it.

I does seem to get getting very nice though.  All the applications are
split up now and all run in their own windows.

Brian Cluff