Caution, SuSE Linux Live Eval loading

Brian Cluff plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:15:32 -0700

You don't understand....   This was just an evaluation that is supposed to,
for the most part, run completely off the CD with the exception being that
it puts a small sawp and small home directory on your C drive as files
mounted through the loopback device.
What happen in reality was that it did a little more writing to the disk
than I wanted as in it scrambled the actual partition information so the
whole drive itself shows up as a 4 gig.  I could only wish that it had only
resized the drive.  When I booted off a bootable dos floppy what I was
greeted with was a whole bunch of scrambled files names with 3 suse files
perfectly on the drive... all other files where scrambled.

I ran norton disk doctor on the drive and I was only able to recover about
100 files total.  Considering that 18gig of it was full... thats fairly
lame.

Brian Cluff