Net slow-down?

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 06:19:57 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth robert jorgenson on 9/19/2001 00:11 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ I saw a thing on TV about this today...the reason for the net slow-down is because it is transfering so much data, what happenes is it
\_ searches for 16 different holes in IE 5.0-5.5(go to microsoft and get patches!!!(if you use windows)) and thier IIS server. It will go
\_ through all your e-mail you have not your adress book and send out an e-mail that will start readme.exe just buy reading the e-mail, not
\_ even opening an attachement. then it takes over your internet connection searching for people without the patches. Although this is just
\_ what i heard so some of it might not be correct but i am pretty sure it is.
\_                                                                                        -The Newbie

16...hahahaha.  It was pounding some servers 204x an infected IP.  I
know,  the server mailed me every 404 page.  Bleh.

David