OpenOffice vs. StarOffice

Patrick Fleming plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:44:40 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Rick Rosinski wrote:

> Before I go and download OpenOffice, is it any better than StarOffice 5.2?
> What are the benefits, if any, over StarOffice?

It is smaller and doesn't take over the desk top like StarOffice... it is
still in development though and is not as stable yet.
I have downloaded version 628 (I think) and as of yet have not installed
to test out the features. Using 625 (on Win- hey it's what I was running
at the time) it seemed prone to crashing. On the RH box it ran pretty
well.

Patrick