PLUG-discuss digest, Vol 1 #1448 - 13 msgs

Don Livingston plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:23:20 -0700

> Okay what I *want* is a command line, command
> that will allow me to ftp
> recursive directories. Sort of like mget -R
> /topDirName/. If there is no

I'm pretty well a newbie at this, but last week from the
command line I used NCSftp to do this, and that's in my old
Mandrake 7.1 distro.  Use background batch mode with the
recursive switch.  I wasn't entirely pleased with how long
the whole process took since it ftp-ed one file at at time,
but it probably has a server-side tar option as well.  Just
didn't bother to look for it since it was my first attempt.