[Fwd: mget multiple directories.]

Rusty Carruth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 06:05:00 -0700 (MST)

One way to get that is to have the remote ftp server to run
one of those ftp server daemons that will tar (and gzip if
you ask it) whole directories.

If the ftp server IS that kind, you just say 'get directory.tar.gz'
and it will tar and gzip up 'directory' and send it to you.

Also, on the client side, have you tried freshmeat?

rc