Net slow-down?

robert jorgenson plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 00:11:58 -0700

I saw a thing on TV about this today...the reason for the net slow-down is because it is transfering so much data, what happenes is it
searches for 16 different holes in IE 5.0-5.5(go to microsoft and get patches!!!(if you use windows)) and thier IIS server. It will go
through all your e-mail you have not your adress book and send out an e-mail that will start readme.exe just buy reading the e-mail, not
even opening an attachement. then it takes over your internet connection searching for people without the patches. Although this is just
what i heard so some of it might not be correct but i am pretty sure it is.
                                                                                       -The Newbie