der.hans--anonymous services--

Eric plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 21:02:42 -0800

> As far as I understand it Skylarov was not actually charged for
> his coding,
> e.g. .ru-based activities.

If know some Web page that gets specific about that, I would like to see it.
I just did a fact check after reading your email and the indictment
indicates Skl. and Elc. are both being charged with conspiracy and
trafficking.  It is the latter charge that violates the DMCA.  So apparently
is not the coding he is being charged with, nor is it the talk he gave in
Las Vegas that got him busted.  Still, persons are not typically liable for
the actions of corporations unless such persons were in control of the
corporation.

> That's why Skylarov was charged. Elcomsoft setup co-lo or something within
> the continental .us for sales within the .us. Skylarov was listed on the
> paperwork as the person in charge of that operation.

Could you point me to that paperwork, cuz I don't see it in the indictment?