anonymous services

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 22:27:40 -0700

"J.Francois" wrote:

> I had to read thru the other responders on this thread before I answered.
> Everyone had good opinions so I think I need to explain why I do any of this.
>
> I am first generation American.

-----
Actually, I don't think you needed to explain yourself - whatever you
decide to do is right for you.

If you recall, the ACLU defended the Nazi's right to march in Skokie
Illinois so it's clear that some people are so convinced of the need for
the freedoms guaranteed by the Bill of Rights that they will take
positions that they find abominable. No one could blame you for keeping
the anonymous services up and running and everyone should be able to
understand your reticence to keep them running during this period. I for
one admire your courage in operating the anonymous proxy services and
applaud your notions of patriotism om suspending the same. If/when you
services go back online, I don't believe that it will be any less
patriotic.

Craig