anonymous services

Eric plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 18:56:58 -0800

> Has the current, years-old US ban on exporting US invented, strong
> cryptography technology prevented it from getting into the hands of
> terrorists or terrorists states?  No.  Why?  Unless the all the current
> possessors of a technology restrict it, it will not remain restricted.

People who disfavor crypto regulation may win the debate, but the victory
would not be as lopsided as your arguments would have it.

You make it seem as though the conclusion is obvious.  How could it be that
you see the way so clearly, while some very bright non-politicians (i.e.,
NSA, FBI) favor crypto control?  Why don't they see your point?  Try to
think very hard about what you might be missing?  Why are smart people [I
don't mean to refer to myself here] disagreeing with you.  What is it that
has not been stated in the discussion so far?  What is the best objection
one can your argumetns?  I am not saying you are wrong.  What I am saying is
that there is info that has not yet been revealed because the answer is not
as easy as you would have it.  I do enjoy encryption policy discussion, even
if my views are outside the mainstream cryptography.