Digital Personal Workstation 433a

cstranslations plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 21:05:08 -0700

Hi all,

I have a DPW 433a on which I'd like to install Redhat. When I power the box
up I don't get anything on the screen. When the monitor is disconnect I get
a "no signal" on the tube (using the monitor on a windows98 box at the
moment). On power up I get a single beep, a pause, three beeps, a pause,
then three beeps. Didn't have this problem when I acquired the box - been
like this since putting a disk drive in...

I don't see any cables or anything that I might have accidentally
disconnected/disturbed while I had the box apart. I was wondering if anyone
might have an idea (the video card went bad by dumb luck at just the right
time, I accidentally pulled some cabling out) before I throw any money at it
(at the moment I don't have any money to throw at it).

TIA for any suggestions.

joe