anonymous services

Eric plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 13:31:16 -0800

>How will passing a law prevent or stop terrorists from having secure
>communications?  Outlawing cryptography will have no effect on TERRORISTS
>but it will effect ME!  The burden you speak of WILL NOT BE REMOVED by
>outlawing the technology.  It will burden ME!

Your assertion that terrorists will not be negatively afffected or impeded
by crypto restrictions is an assertion that is empirically based.  The proof
is in the puddin', so to speak.  When the NSA or FBI says that cryptograhpy
restricts their ability to fight terrorism, I tend to believe them.  Do you
not think that the NSA knows how to do its job?  Are you in a better
position than the NSA to say whether cryptography allows secure
communications between terrorists?  With all respect, I think not.