disaster relief coordination

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 13:14:59 -0700

It is a long story, but the short of it is that my mother is a
presidential volunteer nominee.  She is known for her humanitarian work
within the US.  She had to turn down the offer to go to DC several
months ago for health reasons...

I threw the idea out to her of setting up a web accessible server so
that the status of the living, dead and injured family members, etc.,
can be accessed without running to and around NY.  There are a number of
legal and privacy issue, but she is rattling the cage to see what can be
done.  It appears that CNN may have something already going but are
swamped.  I do not know what the bottleneck is, but it is possible that
we can do something to help.

Who would be willing to dedicate:

  Server space/resources?
  Programming time (HTML, php, SQL, etc.)?
  Data entry time?
  QA?

Want some good publicity for PLUG?   She already has the groups name...
If there is no one locally interested please let me know so I can search
further abroad.  This is one opportunity for us to do something to make
a difference.  Who want's to come play?

  EBo --