Printers

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:00:16 -0700

On Thursday 13 September 2001 09:54 am, Roy J.Babin wrote:
> Need input on HP & Lemark printers, which  would be best for home use
> and what model?
> Looking at HP 840C and Lexmark Z53.  Thank you.

Of those two, definitely the HP 840C.  Your friend in this case is this site:
http://www.linuxprinting.org

It has a very complete database of printers and how well they work with
Linux.  From the site, we see that the HP one "mostly" works and the Lexmark
one doesn't at all (although a note implies otherwise)

This page lists the best printers to use under Linux:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/suggested.html
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop