scsi & lilo

Nathan England plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
13 Sep 2001 08:06:47 -0700

--=-0R6Q94YJ4l8GTZlnGa34

> > boot =3D /dev/sda
> > vga =3D normal
> >=20
> > image =3D /vmlinuz
> >   root =3D /dev/sda1
> >   label =3D slack
> >   read-only
> >=20
> > That's all I need for ide.. Is there something different with scsi?
>=20
> Normally that's all you'd need for scsi as well. Check that there aren't =
any
> other global options. If there aren't try LBA and Linear ( one at a time,
> they aren't supposed to work together ).
>=20
> Also make sure support for your scsi card is either built into the module=
 or
> you've setup an initrd if it's being used as a module.
>=20
> ciao,
>=20
> der.hans

You know, I didn't think about that.  I'm using the default slackware
scsi kernel, so I assumed scsi was built into it, but probably not..
Least not the module, and since I've never heard of initrd...  I'm
assuming that's something not normal on slackware.  I think I've seen it
on red hat, but never on slack, so I never knew what it was for.

I ran badblocks on it last night to make sure there wasn't any problems,
and though sda made a couple wierd sounds in the same spots on each
butterfly write, both drives came back fine.  I will reinstall
everything tomorrow and build a custom kernel.  That would really make a
lot of sense, don't know why I didn't think about that.  I guess I
assume to much!  It's boots off the cd, but that's got the driver built
in!
I appreciate the info, thank you.

nathan

--=-0R6Q94YJ4l8GTZlnGa34