dual pentia/SCSI & Linux

Kevin Buettner plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 09:26:20 -0700

On Sep 12,  6:19am, Eric wrote:

> The drive I am purchasing is purported to be this: IBM DDRS-39130D DC1B
> (9.14 GB).  I can't find much info on it at all.  I wonder if this is the
> same or similar drive you had, Kevin, as it is an IBM?

The SCSI drive that I had in my system was a Quantum.  I provided the
following details regarding this drive in

http://lists.plug.phoenix.az.us/pipermail/plug-discuss/2000-October/006718.html

: The SCSI drive
: --------------
:
: The SCSI drive is a Quantum QM318000TD-SW.  This is a drive in Quantum's
: Atlas III product line.  It's a little over a year old and the specs
: are as follows:
:
:     7,200 RPM, 7.8 ms average seek time, 180 Mb/sec internal transfer
:     rate, up to 80 MB/sec transfer rate, Ultra2 SCSI (LVD) or Ultra
:     SCSI interface
:
: This is from:
:
:     http://www.quantum.com/products/archive/atlas_iii/atlas_iii_features.htm
:
: Later on the this same page, it also claims that this drive is capable
: of a sustained transfer rate of 12MB/sec.  (This is roughly the number
: that I reported from the ``hdparm -t'' test of yesterday.)
:
: There are more detailed specs at
:
:     http://www.quantum.com/products/archive/atlas_iii/atlas_iii_specs.htm

For the IBM DDRS-39130D, there is documentation at the following location:

    http://www.storage.ibm.com/hdd/prod/9esprod.htm

The specs look pretty close to the old Quantum drive that I was using...

Kevin