OT: Info for donating blood etc.

Patrick STODDARD plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 21:35:58 +0000

Hi.

My employer's web site (Community Information & Referral, in
Phoenix):

http://www.cirs.org/

(yes, running on Linux and Apache)

will have information related to blood donations or how to help
or obtain information related to these disasters as we hear more
about it.  We have added the information to the bottom of our
start page, and FWIW here's some information for list members...

Specifically for donating blood, United Blood Services is on
602-431-9500 in Phoenix or 520-886-9099 in Tucson, or their
web site:

http://www.unitedbloodservices.org/

would be good points of contact before going to one of their
offices to donate blood.  I would expect them to set up
locations in shopping malls etc. to accept donations since
this time was already bad for blood banks before this
morning's events - and today's events will probably force
them to set up many other locations to accomodate the crowds
that want to help out.

In addition, the Red Cross has a nationwide free number
1-800-GIVE-LIFE (1-800-448-3543) for people looking to
donate blood, 1-800-HELP-NOW (1-800-435-7669) for people
looking to make a donation to the Red Cross, or there is
their web site:

http://www.redcross.org/

Other than Community Information & Referral, I am not
affiliated with these organizations.  Hope this helps
anyone looking for information.  A bad day for the
country....

Patrick

--
Patrick STODDARD                E-mail: wd9ewk at yahoo dot com
Glendale, Arizona, USA          ICBM:   33.5 N 112.2 W