Terrorist Attacks - OT

Steven M. Klass plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:21:55 -0700

On Tuesday 11 September 2001 10:01 am, the famous Carl Parrish wrote:

I found this link to cnn works
http://europe.cnn.com/2001/US/09/11/chronology.attack/index.html

Here are the highlights which conflict with carls sight..

12:30 p.m.: The FAA says 50 flights are in U.S. airspace, but none are
reporting any problems.
12:15 p.m.: The Immigration and Naturalization Service says U.S. borders with
Canada and Mexico are on the highest state of alert, but no decision has been
made about closing borders.
12:15 p.m: San Francisco International Airport is evacuated and shut down.
The airport was the destination of American Airlines Flight 77, which was one
of the aircraft to strike the World Trade Center.
12:04 p.m.: Los Angeles International Airport, the destination of two of the
hijacked American Airlines flights, is evacuated.
11:59 a.m.: United Airlines confirms that Flight 175, from Boston to Los
Angeles, has crashed with 56 passengers and nine crew members aboard.
Emergency personnel at the scene say there are no survivors.

11:26 a.m.: United Airlines reports that United Flight 93, en route from
Newark, New Jersey, to San Francisco, has crashed in Pennsylvania, southeast
of Pittsburgh. The airline also says that it is "deeply concerned" about
United Flight 175.
11:18 a.m.: American Airlines reports it has lost two aircraft. American
Flight 11, a Boeing 767 flying from Boston to Los Angeles, had 81 passengers
and 11 crew aboard. Flight 77, a Boeing 757 en route from Dulles Airport near
Washington to Los Angeles, had 58 passengers and six crew members aboard.
Flight 11 is believed to be one of the planes that crashed into the World
Trade Center.
11:16 a.m.: CNN reports that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
is preparing bioterrorism teams to respond to the incidents in a
precautionary move. The preparation is not based on any known bioterrorism
threat.
11:02 a.m.: New York Mayor Rudy Guiliani urges citizens to stay at home and
orders an evacuation of the area south of Canal Street.
10:57 a.m.: New York Gov. George Pataki says all state government offices are
closed.
10:54 a.m.: Israel evacuates all diplomatic missions.
10:53 a.m.: New York's primary elections scheduled for today are postponed.
10.48 a.m.: Police confirm the crash of a large plane in Somerset County,
Pennsylvania.
10.46 a.m.: U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell cuts short his trip to Latin
America to return to the United States.
10:45 a.m.: All federal office buildings in Washington are evacuated.
10:28 a.m.: The World Trade Center's north tower collapses from the top down
as if it were being peeled apart, releasing a tremendous cloud of debris and
smoke.
10:24 a.m.: The FAA reports that all inbound transatlantic aircraft flying
into the United States are being diverted to Canada.
10:22 a.m.: In Washington, the State and Justice departments are evacuated,
along with the World Bank.
10:13 a.m.: The United Nations building evacuates, including 4,700 people
from the headquarters building and 7,000 total from UNICEF and U.N.
development programs.
10:10 a.m.: United Airlines Flight 93 crashes in Somerset County,
Pennsylvania, southeast of Pittsburgh.
10:10 a.m.: A portion of the Pentagon collapses.
10:08 a.m.: Secret Service agents armed with automatic rifles are deployed
into Lafayette Park across from the White House.
10:05 a.m.: The south tower of the World Trade Center collapses, plummeting
into the streets below. A massive cloud of dust and debris forms and slowly
drifts away from the building.
9:57 a.m.: Bush departs from Florida.
9:45 a.m.: The White House evacuates.
9:43 a.m.: An aircraft crashes into the Pentagon, sending up a huge plume of
smoke. Evacuation begins immediately.
9:40 a.m.: The FAA halts all flight operations at U.S. airports, the first
time in U.S. history that air traffic nationwide has been halted.
9:30 a.m.: Bush, speaking in Florida, says the country has suffered an
"apparent terrorist attack."
9:21 a.m.: New York City Port Authority orders all bridges and tunnels in the
New York City area closed
9:17 a.m.: The FAA shuts down all New York City area airports.
9:03 a.m.: A second plane, apparently a passenger jet, crashes into the
second World Trade Center tower and explodes. Both buildings are burning.
8:45 a.m.: A large plane, possibly a hijacked airliner, crashes into one of
the World Trade Center towers, tearing a gaping hole in the building and
setting it afire.
> For those of you with slow connection or simply those who can't gett to
> CNN. I'm posting everything I hear about the attacks on my website at
> http://www.carlparrish.com if you know infomation about it that hasn't
> been posted please share.
>
> Carl P.

Steven M. Klass