MS education push

Armand plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 08 Sep 2001 22:25:54 -0700

Alan Dayley wrote:

> I am mostly an embedded systems programmer but I also have responsibility for
> Windows stuff too.  As such, I get some of the MS e-newsletters.  This link
> caught my attention in the Office XP newsletter today.
>
> It appears MS is pushing education as a big market:
[snip]

Hi family,

Been off list for a while, please excuse my absence.

This is a touchy subject for regulators.  I know that in '97 M$ granted
the Cocconino
County Library (which is shared by CCC and NAU) about $10,000. I'm sure
this is the
tip of the iceburg and M$ likes to portray itself as a friend to people
less computer
enabled such as the Navajo Nation for instance.

I would be interested in SuSE because they broke out with the Free to
Public Schools
Programs before RH and they now have heavy backing from IBM, just a
thought.

Cheers,

Armand