MS education push

John Starta plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 22:46:55 -0700

At 08:28 PM 9/7/01 -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:
>I am mostly an embedded systems programmer but I also have responsibility
>for Windows stuff too.  As such, I get some of the MS e-newsletters.  This
>link caught my attention in the Office XP newsletter today.
>
>It appears MS is pushing education as a big market:
>http://www.microsoft.com/office/ons/backtoschool.htm
>
>To sell MS products to the education market, they are educating the market.
>
>They are offering free half-day "seminars" all accross the country.
>http://www.microsoft.com/education/default.asp?ID=WestRegion
>
>Phoenix event is Sept. 21st.  Friday morning.  2929 N. Central.
>http://msevents.microsoft.com/events/USA/ENU/detail/ED101805416.htm
>
>(I could not get to the description of the seminar.  It was a VBScript
>link and Konqueror didn't know what to do with it.  I will have to fire up
>Windows and go get the description.)

The description for the Phoenix event (see URL above):

"**For Education Customers Only** Explore countless new teaching and
learning experiences at this FREE 1/2 day seminar. See for yourself how
Windows® XP, Office XP and Encarta Class Server can enhance your daily
experience. Can one seminar truly make a difference? This seminar can - and
will - for anyone in education, from school and university administrators
to teachers, faculty and IT staff. Through a series of interactive "day in
the life" scenarios, you'll see how Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Office
XP and Microsoft Encarta Class Server enhance teaching and learning,
increase productivity and integrate Web tools and services."