Linux Birthday

Thomas Mondoshawan Tate plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 19:36:33 -0700

--hHWLQfXTYDoKhP50

Okay guys, we're down to crunch time at this point. I've not heard any
suggestions of alternate parks from anyone else other than Nathan. At this
point, we have two parks from which to choose:
       Encanto Park
       Mountain Vista Park
      =20
Since I've dumped copious information about Encanto out on the list before,
I'll be brief with the pros and cons of both:
       Encanto:
       	       Pros:
	       	    Centrally Located
		    Large Facilities
		    Amusement Park
		   =20
	       Cons:
	       	    Few parking locations
		    Park fills within 1-2 hours
		    Can't rent a Gazebo

       Mountain Vista:
       		Pros:
		     Light park load (the 15th is completely open)
		     Large Facilities
		    =20
		Cons:
		     Not centrally located (48th St. and Knox Rd.)

I know little about this park, but I'm going to setup a meeting with the
park manager tomorrow after 1pm. The biggest pushes going for it is the fact
that it's lightly loaded, so there's a good chance for us all to find
parking, etc without a problem. More on this tomorrow.

Also, lemme know who is bringing what to the pot-luck -- I'll post a list at
http://psy.ed.asu.edu/~phoenix/ , unless someone else already has done this
job.

Finally, how many can we expect to this pot-luck? The entire list, or a
handful (say, around 30-40 people)?

--=20
Thomas "Mondoshawan" Tate
phoenix@psy.ed.asu.edu