Mailing attachments

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 09:16:21 -0700

On Wednesday 05 September 2001 08:40 am, Nathan England wrote:
> I only looked quickly, and I didn't have mpack on my system, unless I
> just didn't see it, and then I read Gary's message and it worked great,
> so I didn't look into mpack anymore..  But thanks, I'll keep that in
> mind for next time if uuencode doesn't work.

One final note: I know that everybody wants the "correct" solution here, but
when had the same problem some years ago, I took the easy route and just used
'mutt'.  'mutt' has enough command line switches to automatically handle
attachments, subjects, to/from, etc.  I sent several thousand files that way
(all requested, no spam) with no problems.

It wasn't a "pure" solution, but it definitely worked.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop