viedo cards

Jonathan Claxton plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 22:02:15 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, i wrote:

> I need to replace a couple of video cards.
> What cards are considered pretty dececent and what is the price range?.
> Useable in both the LInux world,specifically Mandrake 8 , and also by M$
> boxes.
> And also, are there any good reasonably priced flat screen monitors? If not,
> what would be a decent quality Monitor run?
>
> I likely would look around at Fry's Electronics but somewhere else would be
> fine also.
> I would appreciate advice on updating this stuff.

I just brought the Leadtek's GeForce 2 MX with 64megs videmo memory card
for $140 and it works just fine.... AS long you are using 2.4.9 kernel. I
was running 2.4.2 and it just didn't boot with that kernel. :(

Then I got the NVidia's drivers and install them and had X running just
fine.  BTW, I got RH 7.1 on this box.