Mailing attachments

Gary Nichols plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
04 Sep 2001 17:46:32 -0700

<puts on old-school unix hacker hat>

Ok, sending a binary file as an attachment via a command-line mailer
command:

supermonkey $>uuencode picture.jpg picture.jpg | elm -s "Picture of my
monkey" someguy@someplace.com

or

supermonkey $>mutt -a picture.jpg someguy@someplace.com

or

To send it as a mime attachment to a *cough* *cough* Winblows user:

supermonkey $>mpack -s "Picture of my monkey" -d description.txt
picture.jpg someguy@someplace.com

You can make description.txt with your editor d'choice of course.

Make sense?  These are a couple of examples, I have a ton more in my
head... now if I can just find my #$#$@ car keys....

<takes off old-school unix hacker hat, logs off of supermonkey...>

~ Gary ~