New box + reformatting hdb1

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 03 Sep 2001 17:30:55 -0700

Don't know if this is a solution, but if you have a program like Partition Magic
around you can destroy the partitions on hdb so that there are no Fat32
partitions on it and then try to install.  Hopefully that Asus MBs BIOS can
identify a drive larger than 8GB (this used to be a problem).

If the hard drives were already formatted when you got them, then they were not
new/unopened.  I've seen Fry's sell "new" drives that already had partitions and
files on them.  No new hard drive should have any partitions or formatting.