Mailing attachments

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 14:42:58 -0700 (MST)

Am 03. Sep, 2001 schwäzte Nathan England so:

> Does anyone know how to mail an attachment from the command line?
> I looking for something non-interactive, that I could put in a script.
> I have a log that I want emailed to me everyday before it gets deleted
> at the end of the day.

Aside from just sending the logs as the message body rather than as an
attachment I'd say look at mail and the Mail perl module.

There's also probably a way to do this with sendmail.

The perl module ( or equivalent for python, ruby, java, etc. ) is probably
the most fault tolerant. Provided, that is, you know whichever language to
code it well :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  It's up to the reader to make the book interesting.