TV Card Recomendations

Jonathan Claxton plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 18:29:41 -0700 (MST)

On 29 Oct 2001, Nathan England wrote:

> I'm looking for a TV Card for my computer.
> I don't care so much about video capture, it would be nice but
> deffinately not a neccessity. I don't want anything real spectacular.
>
> So I'm curious, is anyone running tv cards?  I used to have an STB TV
> PCI and it was horrible. It never could pick up a decent signal,
> broadcast or cable.  I don't watch enough tv to pay for cable, so I'll
> be using broadcast.

I am running a TV card. I got a Hauppauge TV card running my Linux box and
that is what I would recomend to everybody.

In my case, I am using a VCR to feed a video signal into the card as the
rf signal is too weak to be picked up by the card.

Once I got the kernel configured for the card, it has been no problem
watching TV. Heck, I watch tv all the time while I'm online and since I
got a 19 inch monitor and run X at 1600 by 1200, I got my tv window
running at 640x480.  It's just the right size while I'm on the irc
channel.

Jonathan Claxton                          __  __     ____  ___       ___ ____
jzc@primenet.com                         /__)/__) / / / / /_  /\  / /_    /