TV Card Recomendations

Nathan England plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
29 Oct 2001 23:37:38 -0700

I'm looking for a TV Card for my computer.
I don't care so much about video capture, it would be nice but
deffinately not a neccessity. I don't want anything real spectacular.

So I'm curious, is anyone running tv cards?  I used to have an STB TV
PCI and it was horrible. It never could pick up a decent signal,
broadcast or cable.  I don't watch enough tv to pay for cable, so I'll
be using broadcast.

Add in cards are also possible. I have an ATI Rage 128 card, but I have
heard lots of horror stories about the All in Wonder pros. Some work,
some don't.  And I've read conflicting things on the net about the same
model of cards.

Any recommendations out there? Or thoughts about what I should look for
in a tv card?  (besides waiting for the price to come down more on the
DTV cards... and drivers of course!)

nathan