MyLinux Pocket Linux Workstation cancelled

plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:20:12 -0500

Rob Wehrli, an upstanding PLUG member, as announced to the MyLinux email list that the MyLinux Pocket Linux Workstation (PLW) has been "at least temporarily cancelled" due to lack of orders.  After lots of work and $160,000 in development costs, only 10 orders were made for the first production run of the device.  At least 200 orders were required to do the first run.  Without the interest in the Linux community, the project is in indefinate limbo.

I am sad to see this happen.  I thought many of you would want to know.

Alan