IM for Linux

Matt Alexander plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 08:22:10 -0700 (PDT)

Just thought I'd mention that the AOL Instant Messenger is available for
Linux:

http://aim.com

My coworkers have been using it for a long time to send quick messages to
each other, but I hadn't done anything with it because I run Linux on my
desktop at work and I didn't think it was an option for me.  So, I was
pleasantly surprised to find a Linux version available so now I too can
waste even more time yakkin' with my coworkers (and non-coworkers).

I've heard many people say that they couldn't switch to Linux (or even
away from AOL) because they thought AIM was only available on Windows (or
through AOL's service).  So now AIM is one less excuse for not switching.
:-)

NEWSFLASH!!  I just checked to see if the Yahoo Messenger is available for
Linux and it is too!  I think we're making some progress, boys & girls.
Keep up the good fight.
~M