Cox now insists on DHCP protocol

tim cutler plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 13:02:52 -0700

Can they just issue an unsolicited DHCP query to my computer and see if
the client is running? Not a DHCP protocol guy, but seems like any
protocol worthy of the title "protocol" would support such a query. But,
I really don't know.

By the way, this response is overwhelming. Must have touched a nerve.
Somewhere in here the responses is the answer, I'm sure. I'll let you
all know. Thanks.